Jun 24, 2011

The next big step

Some of you might already know this but I had the chance to take the "next step" in my job and attend what is called, Summer Management Meetings in Kearney, Nebraska (where Buckle began). I already blogged recently about attending leadership academy, well I thought I had fun there- this was so much fun! I learned so much and met so many great people. It was weird being the one that wasn't a manager, still attending, but that usually means they either have an idea for a store for you- or they are working on it. Let's cross our fingers :)

Some of the highlights of these meetings were:


  • Free Stuff!!! Free Affliction, free ROAR, free Fossil watches, free jeans!! There was a surprise everyday!

  • Hypnotist: this was our event for the last day

  • We met UFC Fighters: GSP, Randy Couture, & Rich Franklin - sponsors of Affliction

  • Fashion show for all guys and girls new product and a 3 hour presentation with all of the information, stay tuned for a lot of great new brands!

I am so grateful to work for such an amazing company, I was more and more amazed every single day. Being able to see and meet your CEO and VP is hard to come by- I met him last month, and ate dinner and lunch with him this month, and i'm traveling with them next month! It's amazing to see how much the vendors really pay us back and reward us for selling their product, and it's even more amazing to see people take the time and gather 500 people to recognize and appreciate all the managers of the company 4 times a year. I can't wait for all the new and exciting things to happen in my future with Buckle, if you are looking for a great job and or career, I would highly recommend this company. I will post pictures soon :)

No comments: