Dec 1, 2010

The meaning of December

What is December? Well... it's the 12th month of the year, the second month of Winter and most people think of Christmas, Santa, toys & kids. Until I read my friends blog... I always thought of those things. I think it is SO important to remember that this month, is the month of giving.

I was on my way home today listening to talk radio and they did a secret santa for a five year old girl who just got diagnosed w/ lukemia and her family. I was in TEARS listening to the story. It made me realize how many families are in need, and even though I might struggle on paying my bills or living paycheck to paycheck I still have a roof over my head, food in my fridge, clothes on my back, and friends and family by my side.

November was a time to be thankful, for all that we have... now let's make December the month to give. GIVE to the families that don't have a lot. If you live in Utah here is a site I found that you can go to, to help out:
http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_qn4188/is_20051128/ai_n15873255/

Even just going to the local hospital and helping out, or visiting children in the "make a wish" foundation. There is always a family that could use extra help during the holidays, or a child that needs a miracle.

Anyway, have a great Christmas and think of everyone but yourself.